Wednesday, 24 March 2010

Hina Matsuri (雛祭り)

Hi everybody,

the third of March was the girl 's day or the Japanese Doll Festival (Hina Matsuri, 雛祭り written in japanese). Several weeks before this date, you could find platforms with dolls on a red carpet in the shop windows, in restaurants, in the houses of the people and of course in my residence. Here you can see a picture of the dolls that we had in Ninomiya House.

The dolls are distributed in several levels, in the first one, we can find the emperor with a baton and the empress with a fan, in the other ones there are other members of the court. The platform of the picture hat two levels more, in the next one you can find three court ladies. In the last one, there are three different kind of carriages. The Hina Matsuri's day, the family wish good health and the best for the girls. It seems that there is a special food and drink, but this you will have to read in Wikipedia because I have'nt experienced it. In addition, I have included a picture of another of these dolls compositions, this one is special because is from Lladró, a famous Spanish porcelain company (Valencia, I believe), which produces very elegant and delicate figures. I have seen it in the shop window of a Lladró shop in Ginza, a quarter of Tokio (東京都) which is full of expensive shops, boutiques and restaurants, and I could not avoid to make a photography of it as you can see!

You can imagine that there is also a boy's day but about this one, we will talk when the day is coming, and for this we have still to wait because it is in May...

A hug

No comments:

Post a Comment