Sunday, 4 April 2010

Easter

Hi everybody,

I hope that you have enjoyed your Easter holidays at the beach, watching processions, travelling or simply by relaxing, hehe. In Japan there is no Easter, not religious and not secular one, they do not have anything related to it. The foreigners of my residence organized yesterday some kind of Easter lunch + party. I was only in the party since I got it too late and I had already other plans. As expected it was extremely funny.

From my side I have tried to keep the tradition and to share it with my colleagues at work, therefore I have prepared torrijas. Wednesday I brought a casserole full of them to NIMS. At three o´clock in the afternoon we met to eat them. I think they liked it, some of them compared the torrijas with the "french toasts" which are very similar. This comment I had already heard it from my colleagues in Germany when I cooked for them torrijas. The bread that I bought was very big, thus the slices and therefore the torrijas were also very big, even though some of my colleagues ate two of them! You know how I am, and of course, I forgot to make a picture with the full casserole, at least I have done it from the ones left over. As you can imagine I was not very sad that some of them were left over, I had an extra for my breakfast the next day, ummm, torrijas... delicious.

A hug

No comments:

Post a Comment