Friday, 7 May 2010

Pre-sakura:plum trees in Tsukuba montain2

Hi everybody,

as I already threatened you, I will continue with the plum trees. What we could do there apart from watching nice trees and flowers? From the park, we had a nice view of some parts of Tsukuba city and other towns, in clear days even the lake Kasumigaura and several high buildings of Tokio can be seen.

In Tsukuba-san and in Tsukuba city there are many frogs and toads. With the sweat of toads (?, yes the sweat) they make a "toad oil" called gama abura (がま油), a cure-all cream. To convince us of its effectiveness, a woman made a show in which she cut her arm with a sword. Afterwards, she put the ointment on her wound and all happy again! In the pictures the sequence: cutting herself and after she used the cream, oh it is so good! :-)

Of course, this is a place for making pictures of oneself with the motto: I WAS HERE, especially under a blossomed plum tree. And this time I will be in the picture too! I am with some friends of different origins: UK, Slovakia, Russia-Israel, Japan... who is who? lets bet. In this case Japan is easy to distinguish, but when there are Chinese, Taiwanese or Korean people it gets difficult!
The next group picture is done under a tree that is decorated for Valentin´s day. Hearts and pieces of paper with the name of lovers adorn the branches, ohhh, it is lovely! By the way, in Japan they quite celebrate the Valentin´s day, at that day women give chocolate to their partners as a present (?!), I know several people for whom there is no better present ;-) There is another day (it could be even now in May) in which men give presents to their partners, but I do not know if something in special.

Ar last I want to show you the, how to call them, the plum trees garden ladys? Both young women, dressed with the kimonos were having a walk in the garden and chatting with the visitors and tourists. I do not know if they won a beautiful contest or something like this, I know that they do it in some regions, or they were there only by chance, but they were there. To finish the post I will like to attract your attention to their shoes...


A hug

No comments:

Post a Comment